Thursday, May 18, 2006

The "Dramatic" Rescue of Aunt Frances

"Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand." Psalm 37.24.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, through the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Psalm 46:1-3













Last Sunday evening Aunt Frances (age 98) gave me a call and said.."Hey..what are you up to?".....I told her we were on our way to night church. She then said.."Oh..you go right on ahead...don't you worry about me!!"...then it was like pulling teeth to get her to tell me what was wrong. She then finally said..upon much prompting from me..."I thought you might like to know how deep the water is here!".."It's up to the steps of my cottage!"..

"Oh my!!" I declared.."We'll be right there!!". So..I called my cousin Cindy and we agreed to evacuate her!!! These are photos of how we found things when we got there. Glenn went in and told her...you need to come with us, and you need to pack for a week! She complied!!










So after about 2 hours...she was ready to go. Glenn and Arthur carried her out!! It was really neat because these photos were aired on Channel 9 at 12:00 noon time on Tuesday. They titled it....The Rescue of Aunt Frances....they added their news spin to it to add to the drama!! We laughed. Sssssshhhhhh don't tell Aunt Frances it was on the news. They wanted to send a crew to Rochester to meet her, and she respectfully declined. That's just not her style!!!

No comments: