Friday, December 01, 2023

Trusting God


Good afternoon to you all!💕 I'm incredibly sorry that it's been soooooo long since my last post. A bit more than a year. There truly isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about sitting down long enough to post a bit here and there, but you know, the days just fly by, and I'm found just thinking about it and not actually doing it. 

Well, today, December 1st, I find myself with a small block of time and I decided to dust off my keyboard and log into my beloved blog and say "hello"! I've taken some time to update some pictures, ages, etc which was so much fun to do! 

This week has been a bit of a rough one for me. A bit emotional as we enter into this Christmas season. It happens to me each year, especially now, with my Mom in heaven and our daughters Zoey and JoyAnna also there with her. My emotions are strong and as many of you know, grief knows NO boundaries. It sometimes comes in tidal waves, and other times it just ebbs and flows each day. 
This week, also, I found myself being targeted full force by our enemy. In my flesh I wanted to retaliate, but then God showed up in a HUGE way (as He often does), and gave me this devotion from Our Daily Bread, on Thursday, November 30th. (just yesterday) . Take a peek at it above! God reminded me in a mighty way with the focus verse Psalm 20:7 "Some find their strength in their weapons and wisdom, but my miracle deliverance can never be won by men. Our boast is in the Lord our God, who makes us strong and gives us victory!" Passion translation. 

Truly, God may use the resources of the world to help us on our journey, but ultimately, victory over our problems comes from Him!!! He truly does give us grace to endure, and we can trust that He will always be to us all that He promises!!! We can face each day with His hope and His peace! 

This Fall has also found me entering another chapter of continued health. This chapter had me with the most incredible health coach. From October 1st through November 25, I have been focusing on how foods that I eat are affecting my body, in particular my blood sugar. It turns out that was insulin resistant, and was needing to adjust my eating to create insulin sensitivity. It has been an incredible 8 weeks and I'm happy to share the before and after photos with you here! My coach encouraged us to weight and measure at the beginning of the 8 weeks and then NOT again until the end. Each week, though, we took a picture of ourselves from different angles in the same outfit! This was sooooo exciting to see my body shrinking with each week!

Here are my side by sides!!




Isn't that awesome?? I love looking at them! So now I will continue to keep in touch with my coach as I keep going on this journey!! 

A quick update on everyone before I close out for today's post:
Glenn:  My awesome hubs and I have been married for 35 years this year. He continues to thrive in his carpentry business, and just completed building some cabinet doors for a customer that came out beautiful!
Jonathan:  Jon is in Texas and still in the Air Force. 
Nicole:  Nicole is completing her Sea Bees Construction Mechanic training for the Navy in California. 
Jerry: He is 19 and doing amazing at the Monarch School of New England. He can attend there until he is 22. 
Meira: She is in 8th grade at Barnstead Elementary School. We are hoping to have her attending the Monarch school at some point this school year. 
Peppy: Peppy also attends the Monarch School and is doing super well!! 
Rosie:  She is my only homeschool student this year. She is doing amazingly well, too! 

A Christian dance studio has opened up in Rochester, NH this summer, and Rosie is taking 3 classes there. She is in lyrical, gymastics, and tap. She LOVES it. Rosie is also in classes at our homeschool co-op. One of them is a worship dance class. They performed today at a local assisted living home in Pittsfield. It was amazing. Rosie also performed a gymnastic routine at a business fair last weekend. I've included the videos here for you to watch. 



Okay you all, that's a wrap! Until next time, which I promise, will NOT be so long !!!

Love and prayers!!

M

No comments: