Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Giving Thanks for My Gifted Husband! I LOVE You!

 Sometimes I'll make a comment like:, "wow, if only this pots and pans cabinet could have a slide out section, that would make things a lot easier.", or, "I sure would love to get a new faucet for the kitchen sink, and replace this finicky one"or, "Someday I'd love to replace the flourescent light over the sink", or "I'd love some racks to store plastic wrap and foil in.", etc. It seems that over time in the 9 years we've lived here I've made these comments.

Well....God wants to give me the desires of my heart, and He always amazes me how He works even the tiniest details out to be an encouragement to me.

 Matthew 7:7 Says..."Ask and it shall be given unto you..."

This past week Glenn's work outside the home was slow, and so he decided to take on these wonderful renovation projects for me! 

I thank you my dear Glenn for listening, and caring, and encouraging me in this way! It's been wonderful! Take a peek at the before and afters! We've been sooooo enjoying the fruits of Glenn's master carpentry expertise.

This is my pots and pans cupboard before. Quite the nightmare to get anything in and out of!
To the left of the pots and pans were a variety of things, including cookie sheets and such.


Okay...so the first task was cleaning out the cupboard! No easy job!

It was so nice to have Junior working side by side with Glenn for this project!

The first sliding shelf is installed!

Isn't it lovely??

Installation in progress!

Sliding shelf number 2 ready to go!

The finished left hand side with cookie sheets and lids! Isn't it wonderful?

A place for every pot and pan and every pot and pan in their place! It's a beautiful thing!

Quite a difference from before! I just LOVE it!

Glenn even thought of the little things! A place for my wrap and foil! Wow!

Finally, too, a drawer freed up for all of our knives!  


Next is the matter of the florescent light over the sink. It's gotta go!
 

So Glenn sets about to remove the light fixture, only to find out that the wiring was too far to the right!  
So, Glenn has to take that board out, and replace it with a new one, with a new hole cut in the center for the wiring of the new light. With these types of projects it seems that NOTHING comes easy!
With the new light installed, Glenn puts back all of the trim 
4 hours later...and it's all done! It's just beautiful! 
Now, the next day was the matter of the faucet. It had some quirks that were getting annoying.
However, we couldn't replace the faucet without Glenn deciding to take the whole cast iron sink out, and clean it up a bit, which meant grinding off the rust from the other side, and re-painting and caulking it.
What started as a "simple faucet repair", turned into an all Saturday project, but with wonderful results!
It took brute strength to get the sink back in. Glenn thought it weighed over 100 pounds!
But the finished sink and faucet! Sooooo wonderful! Thank you so much my beloved!
 

No comments: