Saturday, August 16, 2014

Please continue to pray!!!

Dear  family and friends,
It’s Saturday morning and I’m writing from CHAD where we had hoped to be discharged sometime today. Now, I’m not sure that is going to be able to happen. Since 7:00 this a.m., JoyAnna had vomited 9 times. It’s been dry heaves, but still is vomiting and she has been super uncomfortable. This last time she vomited her oxygen levels dipped down into a dangerous low. So they have her on some oxygen right now with anti-nasua meds through her IV. She is totally NOT herself at all. Typically she’s awake at 6:00 and totally ready to eat and interact with everyone!! She hasn’t had anything to eat at all this morning. 

She is resting comfortably right now. Please pray for wisdom for the Dr’s in what to do and how to best handle this new development. I am super thankful to have this surface BEFORE our discharge. This would have been scary to go through at our home or on the way home, etc. Please also pray for my family back home and that all would go well there, and then for me. God has put soooo many people in my path since Wednesday here. There is sooooo much heartache and discouragement with the families here and their precious children. Please continue to pray for Heather and her little girl Jacie with leukemia, and also for a blended family I met yesterday whose 10 year old son was here for kidney laceration. There is a custody battle going on and both sides were here along with police and security guards and DCYF! The whole gang! The little boy David was released to his unstable mom yesterday and they've all gone home. Turns out they live in the next town over from us. Anyway...lots to pray about lots of people to encourage. Please pray that I would be strong and courageous and that I would NOT be afraid!! For I know the Lord MY God is with me wherever I may go!!!

So it’s looking like we may be here a bit longer! Glenn is coming up this way today to measure a roof for a job coming up, and so he’ll come in and visit with us. He had hoped to be bringing us home, but I don’t think that will be the case.

Thank you ALL sooooo much for your prayers and encouragement! Promising to keep you posted!!! Please share this prayer request with everyone you'd like!!


Love to you!!

M

1 comment:

Lori said...

Praying for your sweet girl as well as the other families you mentioned! Joyanna is beautiful!