Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Many Hair Styles of Grace Winslow

















Miss Grace has beautiful hair!!! It has become so healthy and pretty. She loves to wear it just "down" with a head band, but every so often she asks for a hairstyle. This is one that I just did today. It took about 2 hours. It's the closest thing I could come to cornrows for right now. I need more practice. She looked in the mirror and just loved it...so that gives me hope that I'm headed in the right direction!!!



Below is a gift of love hairstyle that Mimose,
Grace's Mom gave to her before I took her home
from Haiti in July of last year. I say gift of love
because all of the elastics, braiding, and beading
took over 3.5 hours!!!! While Maddie and I
waited!!!It stayed in Grace's hair one month after
we got home!!!

































While Grace was getting her hair done
by Mimose, Grace's older sister Rebeccca
did Maddie's hair in some funky zig zag
elastics!! Maddie loved it!!!
















Here is Mimose doing Grace's hair when I went
to Haiti the first time in August of 2004. I have so much
to learn when it comes to Grace's hair, that's for sure!!!

" We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the lord, and His strength, and His wonderful works that He hath done. For He established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Isreal, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children. That the generation to come might know them even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children. That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments. Psalm 73:4-7

Often when doing Grace's hair, Mimose would sing to her, and talk to her about God, or her new family in America, and instruct her how she should behave in her new family. It was such a testimony and a blessing to us all!!!

No comments: