Saturday, May 22, 2010

Word Of Life Ladies' Retreat--Schroon Lake, NY--2010

What a wonderful time we had at the W.O.L. ladies' retreat this year! Here is a photo of our whole group that went. There were 38 of us in all from ME, NH, & TX.

We had a wonderful speaker for the weekend. Here is her bio. She spoke on Abiding in Christ in Obedience, Patience, and Confidence. It was just precisely what God had for me to hear this weekend!




Hello! My name is Jennifer Sands, and I welcome you and thank you for visiting my website. www.jennifersands.com I pray that as you explore this site, you will find hope, encouragement, and inspiration.
My husband, Jim Sands, was killed in the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. Back then, no one could have convinced me that I would recover from losing Jim, or that I'd ever be functional again. But I have since learned that God can do amazing things -- things that I never could have imagined. Before 9/11, I did not know Jesus as my Lord and Savior... but by His abounding love and grace, I have since undergone a radical spiritual transformation. I am now determined to spread the Gospel and a message of overcoming trials -- and living everyday life -- through faith and trust in Christ and in the power of His Word.
If you've ever been through the pain of adversity and found yourself thinking, this can't be happening..., then I have encouragement for you. If you've ever searched for answers to life's toughest questions, then I have wisdom to share with you. If you've ever desired the most valuable riches, then I have a priceless treasure to offer you.



Our singer for the weekend was Paula Dunn. Born and raised in Maine, she has an amazing testimony of how a church going door to door one day, saved her and her siblings lives. She was only 6 weeks old at the time.

For the past 22 years, I have had the exciting privilege of sharing God's love through music and my testimony. Throughout this time, my purpose has been to reach out and encourage those who are hurting, to challenge believers to a deeper walk with God, and especially to bring as many people as possible into a personal relationship with Christ. This has been and continues to be my prayer for each concert-a prayer that God is continuing to answer each and every weekend.
The fellowship was so sweet, and my battery definitely got charged and I'm ready to abide in Christ! We are already super excited for next year! Madelyn will join me next year and that is going to be awesome!

No comments: