Tuesday, August 07, 2012

My 30th High School Reunion! Yikes!

Last Saturday, Glenn and I attended my 30th High School reunion. I graduated from Spaulding High School in Rochester, NH in 1982. I hadn't been to any of the reunions up until now, and decided it was time to go to one and be a testimony for the Lord, and that we did! It was actually a very enjoyable evening for the first few hours!

Here is the whole gang! I think maybe about 50 people came or so.


 My whole thought was to share my testimony with as many of my classmates as I could. I started by putting a profile on the reunion website. That was really neat! Many of my classmates commented on my profile and our family! It was fun to put it together!





         Then                       

Profile picture                                       

and


Profile picture
Now     


State/Prov.:  NH
Occupation:  Home school stay at home Mom!!
Website:  www.winslowsix.blogspot.com
Marital Status:  Married
No. of Children:  8
Grandchildren? How many?:  1 grandaughter age 18 months with another granddaughter on the way in September 2012
What's the furthest you have traveled?:  Papua New Guinea, Hungary, Haiti, Australia
Have anything else would like to share? Please do so here:  I have been married to my wonderful husband Glenn for the last 24 years. We have 2 biological children, Brittany age 22,(she's been married for 3 years and has our 1 granddaughter and the other one on the way!) and Madelyn age 17. Our other 6 children are adopted. Grace age 16 and Jon age 9 from Haiti,(My now photo is a picture of me with Grace when I first met her for the first time in Haiti)We are licensed foster parents and so we have: Edward and Elisha age 12 year old twins from foster care, (they've been with us since they were 10) Nicole age 7 from foster care,(she was 5 when she came) and now our precious Rosalinda age 6 months as a private adoption. We brought her home from the hospital! We live on a small farm we have named Grace Abounding Farm, and truly here, God's grace does abound! We just completed our 12th year of homeschooling and that's been a wonderful thing! Our family Bible verse is: "For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper you and NOT to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11-13. God truly has known the plans He had for us, and He truly has prospered us and grown our family, and given us a wonderful hope and a wonderful future! We praise Him daily for it! I'm looking forward to seeing you all again!



At the end of the night, Glenn and I drove home and I reflected on how much I had to pray for regarding a lot of the folks that were there. It truly was a mission field, and I'm glad we went.


No comments: