Saturday, August 11, 2012

Oh dear God, how in the world am I going to handle this?











 Mom went to heaven on Thursday at 5:03 p.m., coming to the end of her 12 year battle with cancer.

By her side until the end, I would give anything to hold her hand one more time, now.



 She is with you now, God, and I must rejoice and be so glad for her. It's hard, though.

She's one of the most beautiful people I've ever met in my life. Her whole being exuded beauty, even up to the very end. I'm so thankful for the time I had with her.

God's word says in Genesis 49:24
"But his bow remained strong and steady and rested in the Strength that does not fail him, for the arms of his hands were made strong and active by the hands of the Mighty God of Jacob, by the name of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel"

And so I pray that God will strengthen us and that we will remain strong and rested in the strength that does not fail, and that God will make our hands strong and active.

This is the only way that we can "hand"le our loss and the hole left in our lives.





 Thank you dear Lord for the time we had with my Mom, the precious years. We will treasure them always! We are so thankful that she is now:

SAFELY HOME IN THE ARMS OF HER SAVIOR!

3 comments:

R said...

So sorry for your loss ... I can't imagine the hardship the family feels at saying goodbye to her.

And yet...the rejoicing to come at your reunion in heaven one day is also unimaginable!

I pray for you and your family as you grieve and pray for daily hope and peace and the future rejoicing that awaits to comfort you all in this time.

Timber said...

Our prayers are with you and your family as you adjust to the move to heaven of your mom. What a lovely idea to snap pics of her hand in the others' hands!

You've been busy last week - just dawned on me today to check your blog and there are all kinds of posts. Thanks for sharing!

Timber said...

Our prayers are with you and your family as you adjust to the move to heaven of your mom. What a lovely idea to snap pics of her hand in the others' hands!

You've been busy last week - just dawned on me today to check your blog and there are all kinds of posts. Thanks for sharing!