Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Okay...so can I tell you how much I'm LOVING the menu plan??

This has been such a blessing! Here is the schedule:
Monday night supper:  Edward
Tuesday night supper:  Grace
Thursday night supper:  Elisha
Saturday night supper
and church lunch on Sunday:  Madelyn!

Wow...this has been incredible! Thank you to my friend Lori who encouraged me with the idea that her children 10 and up each take a night to plan for, prepare, cook, and clean up a meal! I finally put it into practice here at the farm last week, and it's been amazing!!

Edward reminded me that I forgot to take photos of him last night. Sorry bud. You'll have to just picture it!  He made barbequed pork roast slow cooked in the crock pot all day,  which he turned into pulled pork sandwiches, brown rice, and lovely little individual salads.  It was yummy according to the gang!

*Note:  I'm on day 5 of a rebooting juice fast after watching the movie:  fat, sick, and nearly dead. I HIGHLY recommend the movie! Anyway...for my story on that...that is a whole other blog post all in itself! Great things are happening for me so far! I'll let you know! I've had quite an evacuation (if you know what I mean) :) :). Anyway..can't wait for my weigh in at Weight Watcher's this coming Thursday! Yeah!!
You can watch the movie  here 

Okay...so anyway...I haven't been able to taste the wonderful meals, but just the time savings for me and the encouragement for me, has been amazing! Thank you kiddos!

So...tonight...it was Grace's night. Take a peek!!! On the menu:
Note on the recipe:  A Grandma favorite! It must be good!



The recipe called for canned biscuits, but Grace made her own using whole wheat flour!


Okay..so I just HAD to add these...Rosie had a bath in the middle of Grace's supper prep while stuff was in the oven! Perfect timing, right?? So as you can imagine...the kitchen was quite a hub of activity!








aiming to please...Grace even made Madelyn gluten free biscuits on the left, and she made herself a dairy free casserole on the right!
fresh out of the oven!

Serving up Daddy's plate first as always!

The meal got rave reviews from everyone, and will definitely be given 5 stars as a repeat option in the future! Great job Grace! Thank you soooo much!
Elisha added to the meal greatly by making some healthy peanutbutter balls. Just 4 ingredients. All natural peanut butter, honey, dry milk, and oat bran!    

No comments: